NAGARJUNA AGRITECH LTD. Was originally incorporated as Nagarjuna Health Products Pvt. Ltd on November 24, 1987 for the manufacturing, processing extracting, trading, importing, exporting and dealing with all kinds of ayurvedic and herbal medicines, horticulture, FLORICULTURE etc., as its main objectives with Dr. K.V.L.N. Raju, and Dr. B. Bapuji as its first directors.
The company had started implementing one of its main objectives of manufacturing herbal and ayurvedic medicines on the experimental basis on leased land till 1991. However, the economics of the project were not as envisaged by the company. Consequent to the Government’s liberal economic policies and encouragement to floriculture, the company decided to discontinue the manufacturing of herbal and ayurvedic medicines and ventured into the field of floriculture which is one of the main objectives of the company.
The company later changed its name to Nagarjuna Agri Tech Pvt. Ltd. On April 5, 1994 vide resolution passed on March 23, 1994 as per the Companies Act, 1956. The Company was subsequently converted into a public limited company on January 19, 1995 vide resolution passed on September 3, 1994 under the provisions of Section 31/44 of the Companies Act, 1956.
The Company is doing its activity as a 100% EOU project for the cultivation of 11.25 million cut rose flowers per annum in five green house of one hectare each for export.
Green Houses (Poly Houses) : Under Controlled temperature & Conditions
Varieties of Plants : Dutch varieties of Roses to suit International Markets
Technology : adopted from Holland for processing & post harvesting
Cold room facilities & Grading : Cold rooms to control the flowers with pre-cooling, grading & packing systems adopted from other countries to suit the global markets
Transportation : Totally under cold chain, starting from Farm to Airport - till it reaches the destination